Sharing love and kindness with others is at the heart of every volunteer story. It can be seen in the contagious smiles and human connection within every act of service.
This Valentine’s Day, celebrate your love for your community with heartfelt service. There are many ways to remind your neighbors how much they are loved. Here are some examples.
- Help neighbors with shoveling, chores, or grocery shopping
- Create care packages for a homeless shelter
- Send handmade cards to homebound residents
- Deliver flowers and thank you notes to neighbors who serve you and your local community (first responders, teachers, clerks, etc.)
Love for Mother Nature
- Host a community clean-up
- Create handmade gifts for assisted living residents with recycled materials
- Volunteer to help a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation program
- Organize a household hazardous-waste collection drive
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Knit or sew blankets for a local shelter – or donate old towels
- Sign up to be a cat/dog foster parent
- Deliver toys, treats, or supplies to a local shelter
Royal Neighbors and its members have been sharing love and kindness with neighbors for 125 years. If you plan a volunteer project, remember that you can apply for our Difference Maker Fund program to support your project.
A little love goes a long way!