It’s probably fair to say that most of us will be glad to turn the page on 2020 and embrace the new year. What better way to kick off 2021 than by treating your family to a delicious brunch? Enjoy savory staples like our Country Breakfast Pie and Hash Brown Casserole. Then, sneak in some Crumbly Coffee Cake before making those New Year’s Resolutions! (Recipes originally published in Cooking Time, a Royal Neighbors cookbook.)
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® sausage
- 1 9-inch pie shell, deep dish (pre-made or from scratch)
- 1 ½ cups grated Swiss or Cheddar cheese – or mix!
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten, or 1 cup Eggbeaters®
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 cup half-and-half
Crumble and cook sausage, drain well. Prepare pie shell. Mix cheese and sausage, sprinkle in shell. Lightly beat eggs in bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and add to egg mixture. Pour into shell. Bake at 375° F. for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes.
Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 ¾ oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8-oz. container French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ each green and red bell pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 30 oz. pkg frozen hash brown shredded potatoes, thawed
In very large mixing bowl, combine cheese, soup, sour cream, dip, onion, peppers, and salt and pepper. Fold in thawed hash brown potatoes. Mix well. Spread mixture into a 9 x 13-inch greased baking dish. Bake at 350° F. for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Crumbly Coffee Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
Mix ingredients together and place in 9×13 baking pan.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans
Mix together until crumbly. Spread over top of batter. Bake at 350° F. 25-30 minutes.
If you have a family recipe you’d like to share with us, please send it to email@example.com.